It’s time to sharpen your skates!
Winter just upped its game!
Introducing Southcentre Mall’s Top Deck Skating Rinks – a new way to enjoy winter. Top Deck will feature two outdoor skating rinks. We invite you to participate in leisure skating on one rink or play hockey on a second rink.
The Top Deck Skating Rinks are located outside on the upper deck of the North East Parkade (near Decathlon).
Monday – Wednesday: 10 am – 8 pm
Thursday & Friday: 10 am – 9 pm
Saturday: 10 am – 8 pm
Sundays & Holidays: 11 am – 6 pm
*Dates & Times are subject to change due to weather conditions
Bring your own skates and helmets. No rentals are available.
Skates should be sharpened before skating.
Top Deck Skating Rinks
Rules & Regulations
All guests visiting the rinks are asked to abide by the following rules of conduct:
- Stay home if you don’t feel well.
- Properly fitting ice skates must be worn while on the ice.
- Report all accidents, injuries, misconduct or foul-language to Security immediately.
- Leave the ice surface or any other rink area when asked to do so by Security.
- Any person not complying with the rink rules will be asked to leave and may be banned from the rinks.
- Children aged 12 and under must be actively supervised by a responsible person aged 16 or older.
- Helmets are highly recommended. Guests under the age of 12 must always wear a CSA-approved helmet at all times and be accompanied by a supervising companion.
- Southcentre assumes no liability for personal items and belongings as this area is not monitored or regularly supervised.
- Rinks may be closed with or without notice due to weather-permitting circumstances.
Top Deck Skating Rinks
Who can skate?
To skate at the Top Deck Skating Rinks, all guests must bring their own ice skates and helmets from home. Guests under 12 years old must wear a CSA-approved helmet and be accompanied on the ice rink by a supervising companion. A supervising companion is 18 years of age or older and are responsible for ensuring that the younger guests safely follows all rules and regulations.
Is equipment required?
You must bring your own skates and helmet. No rentals are available on-site.
Is there somewhere to leave personal belongings?
Dress appropriately for the weather and keep your belongings somewhere visible to you at all times. Any items left unattended by the Top Deck Rinks is done at your own risk. Southcentre Mall assumes no liability for personal items and belongings as this area is not monitored or regularly supervised.
Can the rink be closed due to weather?
Please note both rinks can be closed with or without notice due to severe weather permitting circumstances.
Can I carry my skates in the mall?
If carrying skates around the mall, they must either be in a sealed bag or the blades must be covered by skate guards.