Sporting Life: My Sporting Life, Our Canada
Apr 08 - Jul 08
My Sporting Life, Our Canada Speaking Series
JOIN US in store for an exciting and inspiring series of talks by our local ambassadors as we celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday! You can sign up for one or all but space is limited. All talks include a question & answer session.
We'll also have a $250 gift card door prize up for grabs at each talk so you too can live the Sporting Life!
- Saturday, April 8th – 1pm
- JULIE REDMOND
- Talk – “Styling 101”
- Saturday, May 6th – 1pm
- ANDREW OBRECHT
- Talk – “Motivation”
- Saturday, June 10th – 1pm
- MATT MOSTELLER
- Talk - “Mountain Biking – Where to Go & What You Need To Know”
- Saturday, July 8th – 1pm
- LEIGH MCADAM
- Talk – “Discover Canada – Stories & Highlights from Travelling Coast to Coast”
CONTACT NAME: Rebecca BrownRidge
POSITION: Softgoods Dept. Manager
Retail - Softgoods Dept. Manager (Southcentre)
Southcentre Mall, Calgary
Reporting to the Division Manager, manages the selling team to ensure that customer service standards are maintained and all product and sales goals are achieved through the conscientious application of Sporting Life standards to achieve our mission statement: To be a retailer with Passion, Knowledge, Integrity committed to a relentless desire to improve our performance in creating the highest quality shopping experience for all Customers and Staff.
• Assists in the planning and organizing of day to day operations of the store, to maximize sales and productivity;
• Motivates and leads staff through personal example regarding customer service, readiness for business, merchandising of product, store cleanliness, staff relations, and compliance with company policies;
• Assists in the preparation of weekly staff schedules to ensure cost-effective work assignment scheduling;
• Follows up with Customer Service and appropriate vendors to resolve customer problems
• Co ordinates and follows up on execution of job lists;
• Participates in training
• Communicates with buyers on a frequent basis regarding product trends and inventory levels
• Stays informed of product development, maintenance and merchandising standards;
• Performs other related duties as required.
• 1-2 years of progressive retail management experience with proven leadership ability
• Strong PC skills coupled with a basic AS400 operating knowledge
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Strong sense of urgency in dealing with business and staff needs
• Ability to think in a disciplined and logical manner and make decisions
• Highly sales and profit driven
• Strong customer service skills
• High standard of professionalism
Sporting Life is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.