CONTEXT: The job-holder reports to the store manager and is responsible for staff whilst on duty.
1.To assist the management in supervising the staff in all matters regarding: cash handling, till systems, till transactions, till procedures, merchandising of deliveries, housekeeping, tagging stock and serving customers to the best of their ability.
2. In the absence of management, to authorise exchanges and refunds, issue credit notes, authorise all staff purchases, and abide by all till procedures, including till lifts where necessary. Also, to deal with any card queries and end-of-day till queries.
3. To assist the management with a certain amount of paperwork, i.e.: staff rotas, cashing up sheets, delivery confirmations, shortage reports, extras reports, diary reports.
4. In the managers’ absence you must also understand the procedures for : purchase orders, returns to suppliers, banking, time sheets and hours worked and weekly sales reports. You must seek further assistance on these matters if necessary.
5. To merchandise with the management to gain full sales capacity from the store.
6. To help on training matters where necessary for all staff.
7. To be vigilant of security risks at all times and to ensure the staff are fully aware of all possibilities. To also carry out or delegate a tag-check on a weekly basis.
8. To implement company policy and general law on: store opening and closing procedures, cash security, theft or attempted theft, refunds and applicable guarantees on returned stock, staff purchases, discounts, damaged stock.
9. To carry out all regular duties i.e. serving customers, tidying, re-stocking, housekeeping.
10. To understand the company handbook and understand all the rules therein.
Any other duties which may be necessary for the successful running of the store.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org